Coronavirus Policy 2020
National for Center for Youth Issues is taking the Coronavirus seriously.
We are extending the following precautions to be used in our state-level and district-level conferences and events to keep attendees safe:
1) Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the conference spaces.
2) Attendees will be discouraged from shaking hands or hugging and will, instead, be encouraged to use alternative forms of introduction (some fun options are the ‘Wuhan Shake’ or the ‘elbow bump’). https://www.dailydot.com/irl/wuhan-shake-coronavirus-feet-greeting-video/
3) Those who have registered but are showing flu-like symptoms (temperature greater than 99.0, aren’t feeling well, have a cough, or shortness of breath) are discouraged from attending the conference.
4) With consultation from local and state authorities, if the virus becomes wide-spread in one of the communities where an NCYI conference is located, we will make the necessary decision to postpone or cancel the event. Any communication regarding refunds or postponement will come from the association as decisions are made.
5) We will continue to provide transparency and open communication when updating our clientele, event coordinators, vendors, and attendees in regards to our 2020 conferences and safety.
- Consider getting a flu vaccine.
- Wash hands often and for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. If doing so is necessary, wash your hands before and after.
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze; throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- Clean frequently touched items such as cell phones, computers, pens, and glasses.