CALL FOR PRESENTERS
September 8-10, 2019
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
You are invited to submit a proposal to present at the Georgia Education Leadership Institute. Your experience in this field is even more valuable when shared with others who care about meeting the personal/social, academic and career needs of the children and youth of Georgia.
National Center for Youth Issues (NCYI) and our co-hosts, the Georgia Foundation for Public Education and the Georgia Department of Education, will convene a committee to review and select Institute sessions. You will be contacted by NCYI to let you know if your proposal is accepted.
We carefully consider all proposals in an effort to share successes in issues facing today’s youth.
Presenters must meet the following requirements to be considered as a subject matter expert at the upcoming GELI Conference:
- Ability to teach/demonstrate how to apply practical applications that directly relate to subject matter
- Display a personable and relatable demeanor
- Provide good visuals during presentation
- Inspire participants to take action – provide specific call-to-actions that directly relate to subject matter
We are looking for presentations based on the following domains:
Culture of Success
These sessions will highlight innovation and best practices from schools around the state in curriculum, classroom instruction, and school climate. You’ll hear from colleagues who beat the odds and guided their schools to success despite challenges.
Educating Georgia’s Future Workforce
This track will focus on partnerships that create high-quality Career, Technical, and Agricultural Education experiences for students. Learn how to partner with businesses in your community to create courses that lead to jobs for your graduates.
School Climate & Safety
A positive school climate directly impacts indicators of success such as increased teacher retention, lower dropout rates, decreased incidences of violence, and higher student achievement. Come learn about the four major categories that shape perception of school climate: safety; teaching and learning; interpersonal relationships; and the institutional environment.
Teacher & Leader Development
This track will focus on identifying, developing and retaining your best teachers. It will also focus on the effectiveness and development of other leaders within your school or district.
Business and Operational Management
These sessions are designed for CFOs, Finance Directors, and other members of your district’s business office. Network and share best practices with other professionals within your field.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 30, 2019
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by July 31, 2019.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a co-presenter (if any).
PRESENTER INSTITUTE REGISTRATION RATES:
- LEAD PRESENTER Institute Rate: $0 (your fee is waived)
- CO-PRESENTER Institute Rate: $150 (standard fee)
If your Co-Presenter (if any) plans to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, they will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Institute.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for presenters only. We highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Institute will provide a LCD Projector, screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Institute will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
3405 Lenox Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
The Atlanta Marriott, the Institute’s host hotel, has a rate of $148 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by August 23, 2019, while rooms are available.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (404) 261-9250 or (800) 228-9290. Please be sure to tell the hotel that you are with group “GA Leadership Institute (GELI) 2019″.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Marriott website.