The Illinois School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is We See You. We Hear You. We Support You. Presentations on these topics are welcome and requested!
Deadline for Submission: May 15, 2021
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by June 15, 2021.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- Conference Rate: $140 per presenter, applicable for the Lead Presenter and up to 2 Co-Presenters
(This is 20% off the normal conference registration rates.)
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter (if any) plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 75-100 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a LCD projector, screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the convention center will be at your own expense.
- NBCC / CE Hours – Anyone without a Master’s degree or higher needs to have a sponsor (with these credentials) with them to co-present in their session. Otherwise, no CEs will be awarded to participants for your session.
More details relating to PDs and CEs will be provided in the near future.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Even Hotels Chicago
18501 Convention Center Drive
Tinley Park, IL 60477
Even Hotels Chicago, located in the same in building as the Tinley Park Convention Center, has a conference rate of $149 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by October 10, 2021, while rooms are available.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (708) 444-1100. Please be sure to tell the hotel that your group / convention code is “ISC”.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Even Hotels Website and follow these instructions:
- Once on the page, click “Book Now”
- Enter in the dates you would like to stay, October 31 and/or November 1. You must enter the group code “ISC”.
- Fill in applicable information then click “Check Availability.”
- Choose room preference, then “Select Room.”
- Then click “Select Rate” for the discounted conference rate.
- Complete billing information to book your reservation.