CALL FOR PRESENTERS
April 4, 2019
Donald E. Stevens Convention Center – Rosemont, IL
April 12, 2019
Double Tree by Hilton – Bloomington, IL
THIS FORM IS CLOSED
The Illinois School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is School Counselors: Be the Revolution. Presentations on these topics are welcome and requested!
Bloomington will feature 15 presentations, and Rosemont will feature 30 presentations.
Deadline for Submission:
December 1, 2018
Extended to December 12, 2018
THIS FORM IS CLOSED
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by January 18, 2019.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
All presenters must be paid registrants at the conference.
- Conference Rate: $115 per presenter (applicable for the Lead Presenter and up to 2 Co-Presenters)
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 75-100 handouts if presenting at Rosemont and 30-50 handouts if at Bloomington. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the convention center will be at your own expense.
- NBCC / CE Hours – Anyone without a Master’s degree or higher needs to have a sponsor (with these credentials) with them to co-present in their session. Otherwise, no CEs will be awarded to participants for your session.
More details relating to PDs and CEs will be provided in the near future.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Embassy Suites by Hilton
5500 N River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
The Embassy Suites by Hilton, the Conference’s host hotel, is within easy walking distance of the conference center and has a conference rate of $179 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by March 14, 2019, while rooms are available. The price includes a full, made-to-order hot breakfast and an evening Manager’s Reception.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (847) 928-7620. Please be sure to tell the hotel that your group / convention code if “ISC”.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Embassy Suites website.
Double Tree by Hilton
10 Brickyard Drive
Bloomington, IL 61701
The Double Tree by Hilton, the Conference’s host hotel, has a conference rate of $119 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by March 21, 2019, while rooms are available. The price includes a hot breakfast.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (309) 661-7581. Please be sure to tell the hotel that your group / convention code if “ISC”.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Double Tree website.