CALL FOR PRESENTERS
November 14-15, 2019
Marriott East – Indianapolis, IN
The Indiana School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post-secondary planning. Presentations showcase proven programs, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to post-secondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
Deadline for Submission: April 30, 2019
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by July 15, 2019.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a co-presenter (if any).
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- Two Day – $105
- One Day – $75
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter (if any) plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 50-75 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. If possible, we would also like to receive your handouts in electronic format to post on the ISCA website for advance download and review by the participants.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
- IF YOU MUST CANCEL – If after you have been chosen to present you find out that you must cancel please plan to have someone in mind to take your place. This may be your Co-Presenter, if you have one, or someone else qualified to present your material.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Marriott Indianapolis East Hotel and Convention Center
7202 E 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
The Marriott Hotel has a conference rate of $129 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by October 23, 2019, while rooms are available.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (317) 352-1231 or (888) 236-2427. Please be sure to mention the “Indiana School Counselor Association Conference” room block.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Marriott Hotel website. Then choose “Attendee” from the drop down to start your reservation.