The Indiana School Counselor and Administrator Collaboration Institute is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting critical inquiry and solutions in PK-12 schools to better address students’ social, emotional, academic, and career needs. More specifically, the ISCACI invites inservice and preservice professionals in areas of school counseling and educational leadership to submit a proposal in the domains of student success, college and career readiness, community engagement, educational equity, principal/counselor roles and relationships. As this institute promotes counselor/administrator collaboration in PK-12 schools, priority will be given to proposals which incorporate both roles (i.e., school counselor and administrator collaboration on restorative justice practices). Presentations showcase practical solutions, current research, or skills of value to counselors and administrators, pre-K to post-secondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students, and educational leadership and counselor education faculty.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
- Student Success
- Social/Emotional Needs
- Academic Needs
- Community Engagement
- College & Career Readiness
- Educational Equity & Social Justice
- Principal/Counselor Relationships
- Roles & Use of Time
- Practical Solutions
Deadline for Submission: March 27, 2020
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by April 30, 2020.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a co-presenter (if any).
PRESENTER INSTITUTE REGISTRATION RATES:
- LEAD PRESENTER Institute Rate: $0 (your fee is waived)
- CO-PRESENTER(S) Institute Rate: $140 (standard fee)
If your Co-Presenter (if any) plans to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, they will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Institute.
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenters (if any) plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Institute.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 50-75 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. If possible, we would also like to receive your handouts in electronic format to post on the ISCACI website for advance download and review by the participants.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Institute will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Institute will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
- IF YOU MUST CANCEL – If after you have been chosen to present you find out that you must cancel please plan to have someone in mind to take your place. This may be your Co-Presenter(s), if you have one, or someone else qualified to present your material.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Embassy Suites by Hilton
Noblesville Indianapolis Conference Center
13700 Conference Center Drive, South Dr
Noblesville, IN 46060
The Embassy Suites, the Institute’s host hotel, has a conference rate of $159 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by May 25, 2020, while rooms are available. The price includes full, cook-to-order breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (317) 674-1900 or (800) 362-2779. Please be sure to tell the hotel that you are with the “IN School Counselors.”
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Embassy Suites website.