CALL FOR PRESENTERS
September 11-13, 2019
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort and Spa
The Kentucky School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is Celebrating TODAY, Creating TOMORROW. Presentations on that topic are welcome and requested!
- Postsecondary Readiness & Careers
- Social Emotional (Tier 1)
- Small Groups (Tier 2)
- Individual (Tier 3)
- ASCA National Model
- Data/Evidence-Based Practices
Must Submit Your Vitae/Resume: In addition to filling out and submitting the form below, applicants are REQUIRED to submit a PDF of their vitae or resume, which includes their degree, educational training, certifications and licenses.
Deadline for Submission: May 31, 2019
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by July 15, 2019.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
Breakout Session Presenters (up to three people per breakout session – 1 Lead Presenter and 2 Co-Presenters):
- Early Registration (by July 31, 2019): $140
- Regular Registration (August 1, 2019 – September 6, 2019): $155
- Final Registration (after September 6, 2019): $180
This is 20% off the normal conference registration rates. If you are approved, you will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter(s), if any, plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 40-60 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. Presenters must electronically submit PowerPoint and/or handouts by September 1, 2019.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and they will be responsible for sharing it with their Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If Co-Presenters are not added at the time of the CFP submission, they cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for presenters, but possibly not for all attendees. We highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, LCD Projector, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter cords, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Griffin Gate Marriott Resort & Spa
1800 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40511
The Marriott Resort, the Conference’s host hotel, has a conference rate of $130 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by August 27, 2019, while rooms are available. (Please note that when reserving your stay you will be charged an additional $15.00 resort fee on top of the nightly rate of $130 plus taxes. However, this charge will be removed on site.)
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (877) 204-8020. Please be sure to tell the hotel that your group is the “Kentucky School Counselor Association Conference“.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Reservations can be made on the Marriott website.
Management support provided by
National Center for Youth Issues