CALL FOR PRESENTERS
November 16-17, 2020
The Michigan School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is 2020 Vision: Focus on the Whole Child. Presentations on these topics are welcome and requested!
- Academic Achievement
- Social / Emotional Development
- Career Exploration
- Post-Secondary Planning
- Student Mental Health Issues
- Comprehensive Counseling Programs
- Data Driven Practices
Must Submit Your Vitae/Resume: All applicants must also submit their vitae/resume.
Deadline for Submission: May 22, 2020
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by June 30, 2020
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- Conference Rate: $155
This registration rate is only for approved presentations – one lead presenter and up to two co-presenters.
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter(s), if any, plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 50-75 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. Every presenter will provide either their handouts, website address where handout materials can be downloaded, or contact information where session attendees can ask for materials by October 15, 2020. An email address will be provided in the presenter acceptance email on where these handouts, link, or contact information can be submitted.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and the lead presenter will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the convention center will be at your own expense.
- NBCC / CEU Credits – Anyone without a Master’s degree or higher needs to have a sponsor (with these credentials) with them to co-present in their session. Otherwise, no CEU’s will be awarded to participants for your session.
The Michigan School Counselor Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 2070.
Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Michigan School Counselor Association is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol
111 N. Grand Avenue
Lansing, MI 48933
The Radisson Hotel Lansing at the Capitol, in easy walking distance to the Lansing Convention Center, has a conference rate of $120 (plus tax) which remains valid for reservations made by October 23, 2020, while rooms are available.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (800) 333-3333. Please be sure to mention the ″Michigan School Counselor Association Conference.”
- RESERVE ONLINE: Coming Soon!