The North Carolina School Counselor Association is requesting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic, career, and personal/social development. Presentations should include the latest techniques and practices that are relevant, innovative and inclusive/multicultural in the field of school counseling. Presentations should assist school counselors in demonstrating one or more of the school counseling standards. Presentations should showcase proven programs, current research, learning outcomes or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
Must Submit Your Vitae/Resume: In addition to filling out and submitting the form below, applicants are REQUIRED to submit a PDF of their vitae or resume, which includes their degree, educational training, certifications and licenses.
Deadline for Submission: May 15, 2021
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by July 15, 2021.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter or Facilitator (if any).
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- LEAD PRESENTER Conference Rate: $0 (your fee is waived)
- CO-PRESENTER / FACILITATOR Conference Rate: Standard fee – regular registration rate
If your Co-Presenter or Facilitator (if any) plans to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, they will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 75-100 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. By agreeing to be a breakout session presenter, you are agreeing to submit your presentation to NCSCA to upload to the website for conference participates to refer back to after the conference. If you are approved as a presenter, you will be notified of how and by when to submit the outline.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter and Facilitator (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters and Facilitators above. If a Co-Presenter or Facilitator is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for presenters only. We highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Embassy Suites Resort and Convention Center
5400 John Q. Hammons Dr NW
Concord, NC 28027
Reservation information to come.