The Nevada School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research or skills to counselors and student services professionals, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 55 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is Stronger Together: No Limits! Presentations on these topics are welcome and requested!
- Academic Achievement
- College & Career Readiness
- Social-Emotional Development
- Post-secondary Planning
- Student Mental Health
- School Climate
- School Counseling Programs
- Legal & Ethical
- Technology Tools
- Equity & Access
- Using Data
Deadline for Submission: December 31, 2021
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by mid-December.
Please note, breakout sessions will be presented IN-PERSON at the conference.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- Conference Rate: $25 discount off of the lead presenter and co-presenter’s registration rate.
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter(s), if any, plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- Breakout sessions will be presented in-person at the conference. Sessions will be 55 minutes in length. More instructions will be provided if your proposal is accepted.
- PRESENTATION MATERIALS: You will be responsible for preparing handouts for your session(s). If you choose to bring physical copies of your handouts to the conference, plan to provide 50-75. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. We are also asking that every presenter provide their handouts digitally by February 1, 2022. They will be placed in a Google drive to which the participants will have access. Information will be provided in the presenter acceptance email about where these digital handouts can be submitted.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary. We highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged classroom style. Please note that the Conference will provide a LCD Projector, screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Gold Coast Hotel & Casino
4000 W Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89103
The Gold Coast Hotel & Casino has a conference rate of $45 plus tax on Thursday night (March 3) and $89 plus tax on Friday and Saturday nights (March 4-5), which remains valid for reservations made by February 19, 2022, while rooms are available. There will be a resort fee of $30.99/night. The hotel provides complimentary Wi-Fi.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (800) 675-3267. Please be sure to mention the group code “NSCC22C“.
- RESERVE ONLINE: Reserve online at the Gold Coast website by using the group code listed above.