CALL FOR PRESENTERS
March 1-2, 2019
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino – Las Vegas, NV
THIS FORM IS CLOSED
The Nevada School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research or skills to counselors and student services professionals, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Please note, all sessions are 50 minutes in length.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is Ignite to Impact. Presentations on these topics are welcome and requested!
- Academic Achievement
- Social / Emotional Development
- Career Exploration
- Post-Secondary Planning
- Student Mental Health Issues
Deadline for Submission:
December 3, 2018
Extended to December 12, 2018
THIS FORM IS CLOSED
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by mid-December.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- Conference Rate: $25 discount off of the lead presenter and co-presenter’s registration rate.
If your session is approved, the Lead Presenter will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter(s), if any, plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 50-75 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for one device per attendee. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged classroom style. Please note that the Conference will provide a LCD Projector, screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
4000 W Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103
The Gold Coast Hotel and Casino has a conference rate of $45 plus tax on Thursday night and $110 plus tax on Friday and Saturday nights, which remains valid for reservations made by February 5, 2019, while rooms are available. There will be a resort fee of $20.99 added as well. Parking and Valet Service are provided FREE of charge.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (888) 402-6278. Please be sure to mention the hotel group code of “A9SCC02″
- RESERVE ONLINE: Reserve online at the Gold Coast Hotel website.