The Palmetto State School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic, career, and social/emotional development or highlighting the latest techniques and practices in school counseling. Presentations showcase proven programs, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Preference is given to sessions that relate directly to the work of school counselors. Proposals are selected and assigned times to ensure a proper variety of session topics per time slot. Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
Deadline for Submission is September 4, 2020.
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by late October 2020.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a co-presenter (if any).
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
Breakout Session Presenters (up to two people per breakout session):
- Early Bird Rate (register by November 20, 2020): $99
- Regular Rate (register after November 20, 2020): $115
This is 20% off the normal conference registration rates. If you are approved, you will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). Plan to provide 40-60 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- POWERPOINT TEMPLATE: Presenters will be expected to use the official PSSCA 2021 Annual Conference PowerPoint Template.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with Co-Presenters (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
Two Grasslawn Avenue
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, the Conference’s host hotel, has a conference rate of $116 a night for single occupancy and $136 a night for double occupancy (plus tax and resort fee of $5.00 per night). This rate is good on reservations made by January 7, 2021. Rooms are limited, and may fill up before January 7th cutoff. The conference rate includes breakfast vouchers to use for a full hot breakfast each morning. The resort fee includes a variety of complimentary amenities and benefits, including complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel rooms.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (888) 236-2427 or (843) 681-4000. When prompted, choose Reservations. Once on the line with an agent mention you are with the Palmetto State School Counselor group.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Click here to make a reservation on the Marriott Westin website.