National Center for Youth Issues (NCYI) invites you to submit a proposal to present a breakout session at the Tennessee School Counselor and Administrator Leadership Institute. Your experience in this field is even more valuable when shared with others who care about meeting the personal/social, academic and career needs of the children and youth of Tennessee.
We are looking for presentations that will help to build the capacity of Tennessee school counselors and administrators to help our students be ready for the next step on their academic and social/emotional journey.
All sessions selected will need to meet the requirements to offer both NBCC and TASL credits. In order to qualify for TASL and NBCC credits, all the information on the form below is required from each Lead Presenter.
Implementing the School Counseling Model and Standards
- Engaging school/district leaders in the implementation of the counseling program
- Effective strategies for administrators to support the implementation of the school counseling program
- Creating strong needs assessments
- Assessments and evaluations of counseling programs and individual programs and services
- Setting program goals aligned to student and school needs
- Effective strategies to close achievement and opportunity gaps
- Using data to deliver effective counseling programs and show impact on student outcomes
- Utilizing social media to market your counseling program
- Managing your program with technology (i.e. time and data trackers)
School Counseling Core Curriculum
- Prevention strategies for drop out, teen pregnancy, suicide and alcohol/drug abuse
- Postsecondary readiness strategies for all grade levels
- Lesson and Activity plans to meet school counseling standards
Individual Student Planning
- Supporting seamless transitions from elementary to middle to high school to postsecondary training and the workforce
- Strong Student Advising
- Improving ACT scores
- Effective Counselor roles with RTII
- Improving graduation rate
- Reducing Test Anxiety
- Helping Homeless Students
- Effective School Counselor intervention for student discipline issues
- Meeting ESSA Benchmarks by addressing Chronic Absenteeism
Student Support Services
- Leading trainings for teachers and parents
- Effective parent engagement strategies
- Building community partnerships
- Advocating to reduce systemic barriers to student success
Must Submit Your Vitae/Resume: In addition to filling out and submitting the form below, applicants are REQUIRED to submit a PDF of their vitae or resume, which includes their degree, educational training, certifications and licenses.
NCYI will convene a committee to review and select Institute sessions. You will be contacted by NCYI, the organization managing this Institute, to let you know if your proposal is accepted.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: May 15, 2020
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by June 30, 2020.
All communications regarding your breakout session will come to you directly, and you will be responsible for sharing it with a co-presenter (if any).
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:
- LEAD PRESENTER Institute Rate: $0 (your fee is waived)
- CO-PRESENTER Institute Rate: $135 (standard fee)
- If your Co-Presenter (if any) plans to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, they will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Institute.
- HANDOUTS: You will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts for your session(s). If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter (if any). Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The hotel is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for presenters only. We highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own LCD Projector, laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the hotel. Any arrangements you make with the hotel will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Make Hotel Reservations Early! Limited Availability!
Embassy Suites Murfreesboro Hotel and Convention Center
1200 Conference Center Blvd
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
The Embassy Suites, the Institute’s host hotel, has a conference rate of $146 per night, plus tax, which remains valid for reservations made by August 24, 2020, while rooms are available. The price includes full, cook-to-order breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception.
TO MAKE HOTEL RESERVATIONS:
- CALL: (615) 890-4464 or (800) 362-2779. Please be sure to tell the hotel that you are with the “TN SCALI Conference 2020” and that your group / convention code if “SCA“.
- REGISTER ONLINE: Go to the Embassy Suites website.
Please Note: A refundable, one-night deposit will be required when making a reservation.