CALL FOR PRESENTERS
February 24-26, 2021
The Washington School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is UNITED! Connect. Lead. Advocate. Innovate. Presentations on that topic are welcome and requested!
- College and Career Readiness
- Dropout Prevention
- Equity and Access
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Mental Health
- School Climate
- School Counseling Program
- School-wide Programs (PBIS, RTI)
- Special Needs/Special Populations
- Student Achievements/Success
- Urban Issues
Deadline for Submission: December 7, 2020
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by the end of December 2020.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
Breakout Session Presenters (up to three people per breakout session – 1 Lead Presenter and 2 Co-Presenters):
- Presenter Registration will be discounted $25 off the main conference registration rates (not including Pre-Conference)
If you are approved, you will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
- BREAKOUT SESSIONS WILL BE PRE-RECORDED: Sessions need to be one hour in length, and must be recorded and submitted by Friday, February 5, 2021. Files must be in an mp4 file format. We suggest you use Zoom or Webex to record your session. More instructions will be provided if your proposal is accepted.
- PRESENTATION MATERIALS: All presentation materials (handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) must also be submitted by February 5, 2021. WSCA will upload the information to a secure area of the WSCA website or conference app for conference attendees.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and they will be responsible for sharing it with their Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If Co-Presenters are not added at the time of the CFP submission, they cannot be added in the future.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.