We are excited to announce that the 2022 WSCA Conference will offer both an in-person experience and a virtual option!
The Washington School Counselor Association is soliciting proposals for presentations promoting evidence-based programs in the domains of academic achievement, emotional growth, social development, career exploration, and post secondary planning. Presentations showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to counselors, pre-K to postsecondary, as well as district personnel, graduate students and counselor educators.
Proposals of a political, marketing or for-profit nature will NOT be accepted.
The conference theme is Courage. Commitment. Community. Expanding Our Voice Through SB5030. Presentations on that topic are welcome and requested!
- College and Career Readiness
- Dropout Prevention
- Equity and Access
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Mental Health
- School Climate
- School Counseling Program
- School-wide Programs (PBIS, RTI)
- Special Needs/Special Populations
- Student Achievements/Success
- Urban Issues
Must Submit Your Vitae/Resume: In addition to filling out and submitting the form below, applicants are REQUIRED to submit a PDF of their vitae or resume, which includes their degree, educational training, certifications and licenses.
Deadline for Submission: December 15, 2021
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by the end of December 2021.
Please note, breakout sessions will be presented BOTH in-person at the conference AND pre-recorded to be placed on the virtual conference portal.
PRESENTER CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES
Breakout Session Presenters (up to three people per breakout session – 1 Lead Presenter and 2 Co-Presenters):
- Professional Member*: $150
- Graduate Student / Retiree Member*: $90
- Non-Member: $185
This is approximately 40% off the normal conference registration rates. If you are approved, you will be emailed a link to the special Registration Portal for Approved Presenters.
If you and/or your Co-Presenter(s), if any, plan to present the breakout session and then leave, there will be no registration fee. By not registering, you will not be given a name badge, program manual or tote bag, and will not be able to participate in any other sessions or meal functions at the Conference.
- Breakout sessions will be presented BOTH in-person at the conference AND pre-recorded to be submitted by Friday, February 11, 2022 to be placed on the virtual conference portal. Sessions need to be 1.25 hours in length. Files must be in an mp4 file format. We suggest you use Zoom or Webex to record your session. More instructions will be provided if your proposal is accepted.
- PRESENTATION MATERIALS: All presentation materials (handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) must also be submitted by February 11, 2022. WSCA will upload the information to a secure area of the WSCA website or conference app for conference attendees. For your in-person session(s), you will be responsible for preparing and copying handouts, if you would like for your participants to have hard copies. We suggest 50-75 handouts. If you feel your session will be popular, please adjust amount as you feel necessary. Closer to the event date we will inform you of how many copies you may need. More details to come.
- HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Presenters must make their own hotel reservations and are responsible for all other travel expenses.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your breakout session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and the lead presenter will be responsible for sharing it with a Co-Presenter(s), if any. Also note the rate structure for Co-Presenters above. If a Co-Presenter is not added at the time of the CFP submission, one cannot be added in the future.
- WI-FI: The convention center is equipped with Wi-Fi Internet that is complimentary for all attendees. However, we highly recommend designing your session so that you will not need internet access, since it can be slow or unreliable.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: All meeting rooms will be arranged theater style. Please note that the Conference will provide a LCD Projector, screen, A/V cart and power supply at no charge to you. However, the Conference will not be able to provide any other A/V equipment. You are responsible for providing your own laptop and dongle/appropriate adapter, if needed for your presentation. If your presentation requires sound for a video or sound effect please make the necessary plan to provide that equipment on your own. If you need additional audio visual equipment, please contact the convention center. Any arrangements you make with the convention center will be at your own expense.
For more information or questions, please contact Chris Daugherty at email@example.com.
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Seattle
18740 International Blvd
Seattle, WA 98188
More information to come.