$56.95Return to Shop
This is an educational and therapeutic board game designed to help young people with ADD, ADHD, and other conditions involving impulse control problems. Learning to stop and think is a good start, but effective control of impulses requires the acquisition of specific skills. The game teaches seven specific skills that have been proven in the research literature to help impulsive children control their impulses, make good decisions, and avoid actions that are detrimental to themselves and others.
1. Learn how to stop and evaluate the consequences of various courses of actions.
2. Improve their ability to read social cues.
3. Learn the benefits and rewards of controlling their impulses.
4. Improve their ability to use positive internal speech (self-talk).
5. Improve their ability to generate multiple solutions to problems.
6. Practice and improve their performance on the seven skills listed above.
7. Develop improved frustration tolerance.
|Audience:||Elementary (K-5), Middle (6-8)|
|Publisher:||The Guidance Group|
|Release Date:||January 1, 2007|