CALL FOR PRESENTERS
April 21-22, 2021
For over 60 years, IACAC has been making an impact in the field of college admission. As we share in the crucial and noble work of connecting students to their educational dreams, it is essential for our organization to continue developing a shared vision in serving all students. This year’s conference theme is Look for the Good. Our profession’s call is to encourage, support, and educate students and families through the college search, application, financial aid, and selection process. This year’s conference will help attendees continue their professional development and empower them to use their voices and make THE difference. The Illinois Association for College Admission Counseling is soliciting proposals for presentations related to postsecondary planning. Presentations should showcase best practices, current research, or skills of value to high school counselors, postsecondary admission professionals, as well as independent counselors, community based organizations, and counseling graduate students.
The conference theme is Look for the Good. Presentations on that topic are welcome and requested!
Presentations will take place between April 21-22. Each session will only be 45 minutes, so actual presentation content should be limited to 35 minutes to allow for housekeeping/intros at the beginning and Q&A at the end.
We prefer all sessions to be presented live. This will be done by using Zoom. Instructions will be provided if your session is chosen. We may make special exceptions to accept prerecorded sessions. See details about this option in the form below.
Please review these important terms prior to proposing a session:
- At least two presenters are required for each presentation.
- Due to technology use, a trained moderator will be assigned to your session. You will not provide your own this year.
- Individuals can only present one session for the conference. If a person is chosen for more than one session, please be prepared to select one.
Deadline for Submission: January 29, 2021
Notice regarding proposal acceptance will be sent via e-mail by mid-February.
- Sessions need to be 35 minutes in length, with an additional 10 minutes left for Q&A. These sessions will be live and presented using Zoom. Instructions will be provided.
- PRESENTATION MATERIALS: Handouts must also be submitted by April 2, 2021. IACAC will upload the information to a secure area for conference attendees.
- CO-PRESENTERS: All communications regarding your session will come to the Lead Presenter directly, and they will be responsible for sharing it with their Co-Presenters.